Copyright Policy

Sunday 29 May 2011

My Love Letters

The wind whispers, it smiles
In your ears and exhales
Its caress, the gentleness
Washing down your back.
The rain moulds itself
To you. It sings, consoles.
As your pores sing back.
The snow, the snow clings.
It lingers, quietly waiting
For your footmarks to cleave onto.
And the moon brings the dark
To look at you as it waits to join you
On the cool side of your pillow.
My love letters, from the wind
And the rain, the snow and moon.
My play mates, my soul mates
My shadow and my light.




(Written in Ikkyu's company.......

Every day, priests minutely examine the Law
And endlessly chant complicated sutras.
Before doing that, though, they should learn
How to read the love letters sent by the wind
and rain, the snow and moon.)

2 comments:

Amiya chatterjee said...

I too can hear the chant on Himalayan Buddha temple

sabba said...

:-)