Copyright Policy

Thursday 12 November 2009

It was just a tear drop

Laughing, giggling, playing, teasing and it appears
And then falls and submerges in a placid pool
The blue waters, so serene, carry it away in such peace
Or it gets whisked off by harsh freezing winds. Where did it go?
Snowflakes blind me for a minute and its all but gone for ever.
I didnt hear it go, but do I even know its sound.
Or the harsh, dry sun, burns it off quickly on my face.
That was too soon, I barely even felt it.
Songs always see it fall quietly through the notes
seeping away hidden in crescendo, decrescendo.

Memories, yes what about them
They do make it appear
But its learnt how to go from them now too.
It wasnt easy to drag my lashes out of my heart
but one drop at a time is my rule, so no more
But what of the daily rites and the rituals
And my comings and goings and all the in between
How do I explain it between them all?
I barely notice where it goes then at times.
But I smile, And I smile, it was just a tear drop.

2 comments:

KP said...

Its a nice poem.
"One drop at a time" -excellent line.
Also, "But .. in between."

Cheers..

sabba said...

Thank you Kunal. Your interest and comment is very much appreciated :-)